If you have access to a computer, one website that you might want to share is Read.Gov. It has free, classic books that are, literally, page-turners. Beautiful books for children, adventure stories for teens, and books that adults enjoy, are all available free at The Center for the Book at the Library of Congress.
To promote good health and safety, the Riverton Free Library was closed on March 16, 2020 and will remain closed until, at least, April 18, 2020.
Watch our website for further updates on library hours and programs.
We enjoy so many benefits as a branch of the Burlington County Library System, including access to their programming. We are reposting an email that they sent out today, so you can see how the main branch is still offering remote access. So much to see and do from home, thanks to BCLS!
Keeping the kids busy may be a challenge without school activities, sports, clubs or lessons. Let us help! Take this time to check out boredom busters that our team has pulled together and the resources available with your BCLS library card.
Nurture your creative side with unlimited access to thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists with Creativebug.
Use your computer, tablet, or mobile phone to stream animated, talking picture books at the click of a button! TumbleBooks teaches kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love.
Already bored with being stuck inside? We’ve put together fun activities and challenges for kids 12 and under to complete including virtual field trips, scavenger hunts and challenges to help stay active!
An announcement from the Burlington County Library System
In the interest of limiting the spread of COVID-19within our communities, all Burlington County Library System locations are currently closed to the public until further notice. As a result, all programs, events and space rentals are also cancelled. No Mobile Library service will be available at this time.
- No fines or fees will be charged for any items you currently have checked out.
- All library cards that are set to expire will be extended until June 2020.
- Library by Mail service, Interlibrary Loanand the Musuem Pass Program are unavailable at this time.
- We are not accepting returns through library book drops at this time, this includes the book drop at ShopRite in Marlton.
- We are not accepting donations at this time.
- We are working with and getting guidance from the Burlington County Health Department, Centers for Disease Control alongside other county, state and government agencies to plan and keep our customers informed.
The Knit Wits program at the Riverton Free Library has been cancelled for March 18th & 25th. Please note.