The Friends of the Riverton Free Library and the Board of the Riverton Free Library Association welcome you to their fundraiser, The Candlelight House Tour!
Generous Palmyra and Riverton neighbors share their beautiful homes and many local businesses will be open, too, bringing early holiday cheer to our towns. Proceeds benefit the Riverton Free Library.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 1st. Details to follow!
Notes From the September 17, 2018 Meeting, submitted by Iris Gaughan.
- Candlelight House Tour: Kim Paulsen, Director of the Library Board of Trustees, is chairing the upcoming Library Candlelight House Tour (Dec. 1, 2018). Kim requested I ask the Friends if they knew anyone who might like to open their home for the Tour. So, if you or someone in the Riverton or Palmyra area you know might like to be on the Tour, please contact Kim as soon as possible via Nancy Fort. Also, as we get closer to the Tour, I will be soliciting members of the Friends to help with the evening’s preparation — our usual support of being house guides, supplying cookies, etc.
- A report from Nancy Fort, Director of the Riverton Library, was handed out. Nancy thanked the Friends for the Sunday book sales, the garden and grounds’ work, and the continued annual purchasing of the museum passes. She also prepared a circulation report showing the continued use and interest in these passes.
- Treasurer’s report: Submitted by our Treasurer, Eleanor Paladino, our balance as of 9/17/18 is $7,646.23. As per our by-laws, half of the remaining amount on December 31, 2018, is to be transferred to the Board of Trustees.
- Membership: Please encourage Riverton/Palmyra residents to support the Friends of the RFL. Karen Healey, Membership Chair, is actively looking to expand the publicity in the “Palmyra Sun”. If you know anyone who would like to a member of the Friends of the Library please contact Karen, again via Nancy Fort.
- Garden: Jan DeVries is Garden Chair for both the Board and the Friends. Eastern Landscaping was contracted to do a major late summer clean up and replanting.
- Marketing/Publicity: Pat Solin has been sharing our information on the library web site and on Facebook. If you see any Facebook posts about library programs or events, please share them on you FB page.
- Book Sale: Janice Papenberg chairs this committee. Book sales have resumed after the summer break. If you are available to volunteer a few hours on a Sunday once a month please contact Janice via Nancy Fort. Janice is also the liaison between the Friends and the Board.
- Riverton Cocktail Social Fundraiser: Discussion centered on whether to have or not to have our typical spring cocktail party this spring. The group concluded that this year’s fundraiser would be a scaled-down, more moderate cocktail party with a more extravagant party the following year. The Wine & Cheese Party will be held at the Riverton Library on March 30, 2019 — more details to follow. Kathy Simon, 2018 Cocktail Social’s Decoration Chair, prepared an extensive project plan for the next fundraiser. Thank you Kathy for an incredibly well thought out and well prepared plan.