This step-by-step guide was published by The New York Times. You may find it useful in teaching How to Help Your Child Wear a Mask.
- Wash the mask before the first wearing using unscented soap. Wash it at least once a week or more often if soiled.
- Experiment with the straps, and adjust as needed.
- Can’t get the straps just-right? Sew buttons into a hairband or baseball cap for the straps.
- Provide distractions such as gum if your child tends to chew on the mask.
- Select a mask with a favorite character or animal. Let your child name the mask!