In today’s email from BCSL Director, Rajna Das, she outlined the steps that the County Library is embracing in order to open library services to users. For those who may have missed the email
- June 22: Select BCLS locations began opening preparations
- This meant accepting returns of the 60,000+ materials that were in customer homes since mid-March.
- We continue to catch-up with the volume of returned materials and the added step of a 72-hour quarantine for each returned item.
- June 29: Launched our new Curbside Serviceand resumed Library by Mail
- Library customers are taking advantage of this to obtain books, DVDs and other library materials from our four operational libraries.
- Ongoing: Making the necessary physical changes to our buildings
- Reconfiguring workspaces as well as moving and spacing furniture and computers to allow for social distancing.
- Installing plexiglass shields at public desks and counters.
- Ensuring cleaning and sanitizing procedures are in place.
- What’s Next: Welcome customers back to our buildings and open more BCLS locations
- By the end of the month we will open our doors to provide access to public computers at the Burlington County Library.
- In early-August, we’ll expand that offering to our locations in Cinnnaminson, Eveshamand Pemberton.
- In the final phase, we plan to open our Bordentown location to the public and begin to offer a new of tier of services at Maple Shade, Pinelands and Riverton.
You must be logged in to post a comment.