Friends of the Library meeting January 22, 2019
- Letter and stats from Nancy Fort: A letter was received from librarian, Nancy fort, thanking the Friends for their efforts in supporting the library. There was an attachment of usage statistics for the museum passes during 2018.
- Treasure’s report: As of this date the Friends have a net income of $4,941.99
- Candlelight House Tour tallies: The House Tour tallies are incomplete until the Board meeting on January 28,2019. The tour approximately netted $8,500.00.
- Used book sales: Janice Papenberg reported that the used books are being heavily weeded to make room for incoming donations. Michael Robinson is doing the weeding. Weeded books will be donated to the Library for the Blind. The book sale netted $757.20 last year. ***Volunteers are needed to sell books (a 2 hour commitment) on one Sunday a month. If you cannot commit to a scheduled time could you please consider being a fill-in Sunday person? Please contact Janice through the library..
- Change in by-laws?: A change in the by-laws to amend the clause which states that one half of the netted income in the Friends treasury will be given to the Board of Trustees at the end of the calendar year. The words “if needed” has been added to this clause. The change was proposed and voted in the affirmative.
- Membership: We continue to look for new members and it was quite affirming to see several new people at the meeting.