Minutes of the Meeting Held on January 8, 2018, at the RFL
Submitted by Iris Gaughan
Thank you to the Friends who braved the icy conditions in order to attend last night’s meeting. Yet, let me say I can certainly understand not leaving your homes in such miserable conditions.
A review of the discussed agenda items:
- Membership: Please encourage any neighbors, friends or family members to join our Friends of the Library group. New members always give an organization new prospective and energy. Karen Healey [firstname.lastname@example.org] is Membership chair, so send Karen any new names (with email address).
- Museum Passes: We now have: Academy of Natural Sciences, Battleship NJ, Garden State Discovery, Grounds for Sculpture, Morris Arboretum of University of Pennsylvania, Museum of the American Revolution, National Liberty Museum, Paws Discovery Farm, Penn Museum. If it is in italics, the Friends have paid for this pass. It was agreed to add the Independence Seaport Museum on Penns Landing ($75.00) to our support list.
- Handicapped Parking: It was recommended that the Library Board of Trustees consider looking into a handicapped parking space for library patrons.
- Volunteers: There is a need for volunteers to help with the Sunday Library Book Sales. The time is 1-3 in the afternoon. Right now, the book sale provides most of our funds. You only need to volunteer for one Sunday a month. Janice Papenberg [email@example.com] is Volunteer chair, so please contact her if you are interested. Michael Robinson is weeding the donated book collection. He needs sturdy boxes to hold the discarded books…paper ream boxes with covers are perfect. If you have any of these type of boxes or similar boxes of that approximate size that you no longer want or need please drop them off at the library. Please tell the circulation help that these boxes are for the book sale and should be placed in that area. Nancy Fort, Library Director, would appreciate volunteers to help shelve books in the library. If interested please contact Nancy at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Enchanted Forest…Riverton Library Cocktail Party, April 28, 2018. Event chairs, Karen Healey and Jo Horton are in the process of developing subcommittees. As the list is finalized, I will sent it out to all the Friends. It is essential that we all work together on this project, as it is a major fundraiser for the library. If you have an artificial Christmas tree(s) that you no longer want, please consider donating them to the Library of this gala. Just drop them off at the library.