The Friends of the Riverton Free Library met at the library on April 27, 2017. This volunteer group made the following plans for the upcoming spring.
- Karen Healey has agreed to be Membership Chair…Thank you Joyce Sico for the membership flyer and forms….now displayed in the Library.
- The first garden-work day is scheduled for Wednesday, May 3rd, at 10am…anyone interested in helping would be certainly welcomed…it should take an hour or less depending on the amount of volunteers. Looking to Boy/Girl Scout help for the behind-the-library clean up this summer.
- The Friends will be purchasing two new bridge tables for library use.
- Janice Papenberg has agreed to be the liaison person between the Friends and the Library Board (Janice is also a member of the Board).
- We have agreed to meet 3 times a year. The Library Board meets in January, April, and September on the second Monday of those months. The Friends will meet one week before the Board meeting…so that would be the first Monday in January, April and September.
- It was suggested that I become the Chair of the Friends for the 2017-18 year and Jan DeVries be Vice Chair, with Pat Brunker as Treasurer.
Submitted by Iris Gaughan