Friends of the Riverton Free Library
The Friends of the Riverton Free Library donate their time to help organize and run several programs that benefit our library. They include:
- Used book sale — Held the first Sunday of every month. Hardcovers are 50 cents each, paperbacks are 25 cents. Each December and June, we also have a special 10 cent book sale.
- Library Social — Held annually each Spring, this year on Saturday, April 20th at The Bank on Main. Tickets are $30 each and guests are asked to bring an hors’ d’oevre or dessert to share. Please contact Mr. Robinson if you would like to be a sponsor, make a donation for their silent auction or help with the event.
- Candlelight House Tour– Our next biennial house tour will be held on Saturday, December 7th, 2013 from 4-9 p.m. Please contact the library @ 829-2476 if you are interested in showcasing your home and being part of this magical evening.
Riverton Free Library Association
The Riverton Free Library Association works in coordination with the Burlington County Library System, as the library is a branch of BCLS. The Association is responsible for the care and maintenance of the building and grounds, and as funds permit, contributes to the purchase of resources and support library programs.
In 2007/2008, the Association was responsible for creating a survey of services, then had it printed and distributed to all households in the Riverton and Palmyra communities. Information from the survey was collated, a public meeting was held to discuss the results as well as gather further community input, and a document was created to help guide the Association, directing it funding of library services. The Library Service Survey and Planning Document can provide further details of the process and the service direction that the Association and library hope to pursue over the next few years. Click on the Document link or you can view copies that are available at the library — just ask the staff.
The Association is responsible for crafting, publishing, and distributing the library’s Annual Newsletter & Appeal which highlights the past year’s library activities. It is mailed to all residents in Palmyra and Riverton, as well as to those who are added to our mailing list.
Association board meetings are held three times a year — the fourth Monday in January, April, and September. We welcome the public to attend, with meetings starting at 7:30 PM and are held in the Fiction Reading Room in the back of the library.
- 2013 Annual Newsletter andAppeal
- 2012 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2011 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2010 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2009 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2008 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2007 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2006 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2005 Annual Newsletter and Appeal
- 2004 Annual Newsletter and Appeal